Each of us has our own reason to download a YouTube video for legal use. And in fact, there are numerous online or offline tools designed to download a YouTube video. Here, in particular, we sort out all the feasible solutions to download YouTube videos without any software.
Best Free Way to Download YouTube Videos without Failure
If you are in request for a solution to download YouTube videos without installing any software, please skip this part and read the following, but if you want to download YouTube videos in batch and without failure, even convert YouTube videos to other formats, WinX or MacX is absolutely a better choice than other online free downloaders.
WinX and MacX Video Converter share similar features, but as their names imply, WinX HD Video Converter is for Windows users, while MacX Video Converter is designed for Mac users.
Why WinX/MacX Video Converter is Worth A Try?
- Safe to use (offline, clean);
- Intuitive interface makes it easy to use;
- Batch download YouTube videos and YouTube playlist;
- Download online videos from 1000+ websites: Facebook, Vevo, DailyMotion, Yahoo, etc.;
- Export YouTube videos as MP4, MOV, AVI, MP3, MKV, WMV, 200+ audio/video formats;
- Choose YouTube and other online video resolution;
- Convert and export 300+ video/audio input;
- Batch convert videos;
- Extra features: edit videos, photo to video, record videos, etc.;
How to Use This Best YouTube Downloader?
- Download and install WinX to your Windows PC, or MacX to your Mac;
- Launch the program, go to URL interface;
- Copy and paste the YouTube URL to the program for video analyzing;
- Choose output format and resolution;
- Click Run to download the YouTube videos in batch and without failure;
- (Optional) Go to Video interface, edit or convert if necessary.
Is That “All the Online YouTube Downloaders Work” True?
To finalize the list of online tools to download YouTube videos without any software, I tested 20 online youtube downloaders that rank top in Google result, the test results led me to the conclusion: not all the online youtube downloaders work to download youtube videos successfully. You can find the details as following, and will have a wise decision which ones to try next time.
Download YouTube Videos without Software Online
By testing the same YouTube URL with above-listed 20 online free YouTube downloaders, we finaly pick saveclipbro and ddownr as the best 2 solutions to download YouTube videos without any software.
SaveClipBro allows users to download videos from YouTube and other video streaming platforms.
- Download YouTube videos in 11 video formats;
- Save YouTube videos as 9 audio formats;
- Video resolution option
Steps to Download YouTube videos with saveclipbro.
- Step 1. Go to https://www.saveclipbro.com
- Step 2. Paste the YouTube video URL into saveclipbro;
- Step 3. Select video resolution and output, then click “Convert”
- Step 4. Once the conversion finishes, click “Download your files”
- Step 5. Save the YouTube video to your computer
However, SaveClipBro falls short on the downloading speed, it may some time to download the YouTube video one by one, just wait patiently.
The video quality of most YouTube videos that downloaded online is always scarified, but it is really lucky to have ddownr. It allows users to download videos in high quality, including 4k and 8k:
- Download YouTube videos in 2 video formats;
- Save YouTube videos as 3 audio format;
- Output high quality videos
Steps to Download YouTube Videos with ddownr.
- Step 1. Go to https://ddownr.com
- Step 2. Paste the YouTube video URL into ddownr;
- Step 3. Click “Download” to choose output and video resolution
- Step 4. Once ready, save the YouTube video to your computer.
Download YouTube Videos without Software/App on Mobile Phone
No, without the needed apps, you can not download YouTube videos to your mobile phone.
And there are free solutions to download the videos to your iPhone or Android phone.
For iPhone Users:
Apps Needed—Download the Documents app from Readdle, it allows users to search and open YouTube videos with its own web browser, also allows users to download and save the media files.
- Go to App Store, download and install Document
- Copy the YouTube video URL
- Go to Documents, open the web browser and input https://ddownr.com
- Then paste the YouTube video URL into ddownr
- Choose output and download the YouTube video
- Then go to Documents>Downloads, find the YouTube video and play.
For Android users:
Items Needed: Google Chrome (or preferred web browser), a Video Player for Android
- Open Google Chrome and go to https://ddownr.com
- Then paste the YouTube video URL into ddownr;
- Download the YouTube video
- Find and play the YouTube video in installed video player
Does Google Extensions Help to Download YouTube Videos?
Another method to download YouTube videos without any software is installing the Google extensions. However, the truth is, Google Chrome won’t allow any extensions to download from YouTube website. After all, YouTube is one part of Google services, users who want to enjoy unlimited YouTube services need to pay for the Premium.
And according to my test, though the extension can be added to Google Chrome, there will be error message indicating YouTube videos are not allowed for downloading, even there is no YouTube video found.
Also, I tried to install add about 10 add-ons into Firefox but found no one helps to download YouTube videos without software.
Therefore, if you want to download YouTube videos without software in Google Chrome, you will need to go back to an online YouTube downloader as we mentioned in the above parts.
Indeed, there are solutions to download a YouTube video without installing any software, but not all online free YouTube downloaders work. As we have tested for you, saveclipbro and ddownr deserve a try. But if you want to download YouTube videos easily and without any failure, WinX or MacX is a solid option.