Xbox Game Bar is the native screen recording tool on Windows 10, it is free and requires no extra software installation, but it still cannot retain users, especially for those who get really serious with screen recording on Windows 10. Why? It keeps causing problems:
- Shortcut not working
- Recording works one or twice, then stop working
- Recording clips are blank
- Cannot record from audio device
- Freeze, crash when recording for a long time
- Use experience fall short of expectation: cannot record on-screen activities, length limit, some certain game app refuse to record
So, we just got a lot of reason to move up to an advanced one or any free option that works better on our Windows 10 device.
Advanced Way to Record Screen on Windows 10 without Xbox Game Bar
Whether it is your first time to record screen or you are a professional screen recording user, we picked the best tool for all levels of users, Movavi Screen Recorder, users at different levels and with different needs will be all comfortable with this tool. It is a macOS & Windows screen recording program to take screenshots and record full/selected screen activities, with basic clip editing tools.
The Reason to Use Movavi Screen Recorder
- Take screenshot, also you can add text, arrow, line to screenshot, highlight and copy it
- Record screen, record full screen or selected area, then highlight or trim the clips
- Record from webcam to create reaction videos and so on
- Record with audio, from internal or external audio device
- Export recordings as MP4, AVI, GIF, MOV, WEBM and MP3
- Set up schedule to record at any time
- Upload screenshot or recordings online or send to apps
How to Record Screen on Windows 10 without Xbox Using Movavi?
- Grab a free trial of Movavi Screen Recorder, install and run on your Windows 10.
- Click on Screen Recording icon and choose full screen or select capture area by drag and move your mouse.
- Click the red button and you will see the countdown, the recording will start.
- You can click on the Edit pencil button to add highlight to the recording.
- Click Stop button to end the recording process.
- Preview the recording clip, you can play, trim or export the recordings as you want to.
How to Record Screen on Windows 10 without Xbox Game Bar for Free
Movavi Screen Recorder offers excellent recording performance, but does that mean all of us have to pay for such an advanced tool? No. There are open source offline free screen recorders and online free recording services, but we will give up on online free services this time. I tried several online screen recorders, anyone of those limits becomes a serious issue, there is a remarkable watermark standing in the middle of the video, there is time limit, you cannot select capture area, you cannot save the recording video to local disk.
Luckily, one of open-source screen recording software are capable-enough to use, ScreenRec.
Actually, you have to sign up and create an account to remove the 5-minute limit. But the sign up is free and not asking to provide any billing information. After the sign up, you will be able to take screenshot and record, the recordings can be saved as mp4 files or accessed to via a sharable link.
The Reason to Use
- Free to use
- There is no watermark
- Unlimited recording time
- Take screenshot, record full/selected screen
- Save recording to local disk or get a sharable link
- Preview all recordings in the gallery
The Reason Not to Use
- Need to create a free account with social media account to remove 5-minute limit
- Only 2GB cloud storage
- Noise in the recording videos
- No editing capabilities
How to Record Screen on Windows Free without Watermark?
- Grab a free copy of ScreenRec, install and open the app on your Windows 10.
- Go to Settings icon and create a free account to remove the limit first.
- Click on the Screen Recording button.
- Select capture area and the recording starts automatically. Click Pause button (the square icon) to finish the recording.
- Click on the Gallery icon to preview or get a shareable link of the recording.
- Click the Download button to save recording to local disk.
If You are Serious…
When Xbox game bar screen recorder doesn’t fit your needs anymore, your first step is always to find another free screen recorder for Windows 10, ScreenRec is the best free fit then. But if you are serious and want to be professional at this, Movavi Screen Recorder would be better to move up to.