We sometimes need to add blank or empty pages to a PDF for creating space for our additional notes, or insert the blank/empty page as front or back cover for our file, are you in the same shoes? Then try following 6 ways to add a or multiple blank pages to PDF by using or not using Adobe Acrobat. And let’s check out what else we have for this task.
Easily Add Blank Page to PDF in Adobe Acrobat
Adobe Acrobat for sure is the best tool to work on PDFs from the comfort of home and office, it provides full control over PDF pages (add, delete, insert, replace), texts (edit, add, delete, replace), images, hyperlinks, layers and so on, handles all the heavy lifting tasks, and allows diving into the settings to edit PDFs as you want to.
There is no reason to say no to this tool, if any one, may be the price that were the deal breaker in the past. For now, it has a more flexible pricing tier for both Standard and Pro. Users have a 7-day free trial, and 3 different subscription plans starting from $12.99/month to $29.99/month, and you can cancel the subscription at any time.
How to Add Single or Multiple Blank Pages to PDF in Adobe Acrobat?
- Grab a free 7-day trial copy of Adobe Acrobat, install and fire up the app on your Mac or Windows machine.
- Then open PDF with Adobe Acrobat.
- Go to Organize Pages on the right-sided toolbar.
- Right click on any page of the PDF, choose Insert Pages> A Blank Page.
- Choose to insert before or after the selected PDF page. If you want to insert multiple blank pages to PDF, repeat the steps.
- Head to File> Save and add blank page in PDF.
2 Ways to Insert Blank Page in PDF without Acrobat
Even without Adobe Acrobat, we can insert empty or white pages to PDF easily, via a free or solid PDF editor with affordable price, let’s say free PDF XChange and Movavi PDFChef that is priced at $35.99.
It is a free PDF editor that works on Windows only, allows users create, edit, annotate, recognize, sign and manage PDF pages. But for full features like adding stamp, advanced OCR, compare PDF or create forms, you have to pay for the Plus version.
Inserting empty pages in PDF-XChange is super straightforward, you just need to choose the tool and insert. It also has tools to add, remove, resize, rotate, split and number pages in your PDF.
How to Insert Empty Pages to PDF in PDF-XChange Editor?
- Grab this free software from its official website, fire it up on your PC.
- Open the PDF in this app, select the page that you want to insert an empty page before.
- Head to Document > Insert Empty Pages.
- Head to File> Save.
PDFChef is a lightweight PDF editor featuring rich editing tools for you to edit text, image, to create, convert, sign, merge and manage PDF pages. You can add blank page, delete, duplicate, extract pages.
Full Editing Features of Movavi PDFChef
- Edit text and image
- Add and delete text, image
- Add, delete, rotate, copy, extract PDF pages
- Create PDF from Word, Image, etc.
- Convert PDF to Word, Image, ePub, etc.
- Merge files to PDF
- Append PDF
- Sign PDF
- Search in PDF
How to Insert Blank Page in PDF without Adobe Acrobat?
- Grab a free copy of PDFChef, install and run the program.
- Add the PDF file which you want to insert a blank page to the program.
- Select the page where you want to add a blank page after, hover to View>Manage pages.
- Click on Blank Page, a white page is now ready in your PDF file.
- Optional. Edit the file if necessary, by clicking on Edit tab.
- Then go to File>Save.
How to Add a Blank Page to a PDF on Mac
We don’t have too many choices on a free PDF editor allowing inserting blank/empty page, even worse, most of these few free tools discontinued updates, which cause annoying compatibility issues on my device. But this is only for Windows users, since Mac users can harness the power from Preview app, the free program created to view and edit PDF files on Mac.
However, Preview has its weakness, its markup tools are mainly for highlighting, annotating, you can add text, but cannot make changes to existing texts or images.
Steps to Add a Blank Page to a PDF Free in Mac Preview
- Open PDF with Preview app, go to the page where you want to insert a blank page after.
- Head to Edit> Insert> Blank Page.
- Go to File> Save, the blank page will be inserted into the PDF.
How to Add Blank Pages to PDF Free Online
Happily, there are ways to add blank pages to a PDF without loading an app on our Mac or PC, by using online free PDF editor that can be opened in our web browser, that has no compatibility issues. And we got you the best 2 choices as follows.
iLovePDF is a popular PDF platforms with plentiful of capabilities: organize, merge, split, convert, edit and optimize. It offers the most efficiently approach to organize PDF pages in your web browser, thought is cannot directly create and add a blank page to your existing PDF file, you can use its PDF merger to insert a prepared blank page to another PDF file. If this complicated process means no trouble to you, you can have a try to add blank page to PDF online free in iLovePDF.
Steps to Add Blank Pages to PDF Free Online
- Open Microsoft Word and create a blank page, then go to Save as>PDF. A blank PDF page will be created. Or just download blank PDF page from Internet.
- Navigate to ilove.com/merge_pdf.com in your web browser.
- Click on Select PDF files to add your PDF or the blank PDF page.
- You can reorder the file to put the blank page before or after your PDF file.
- Click Merge button to combine the PDF file.
- Then download the merged PDF file with blank page added.
Unlike iLovePDF to combine blank PDF with your target PDF, PDFUX has the simplest way to insert one or multiple pages to a PDF. And there are numerous tools on this site to use for your PDF.
Steps to Add Blank Pages to PDF Free Online
- Navigate to pdfux.com/add-blank-pages-pdf/, upload the PDF first.
- Click “+” button to add blank pages to the PDF.
- Hit Apply changes and download the file to your machine.
If you are a Mac user, Preview is absolutely the best free way to add blank page to PDF, but if you work on Windows PC or handle PDF regularly, install Adobe Acrobat or PDFChef to simplify the PDF editing.