We sometimes need to insert white or blank pages to a PDF for creating space for our additional notes, or add the blank page as front or back cover for our file, are you in the same shoes? Then let’s try following 3 ways to add blank page to PDF without buying Adobe Acrobat, we can make it with online, free and affordable professional tools.
Part 1. Easy Way to Add Blank Page to PDF on Mac or Windows
Even without Adobe Acrobat, we can insert blank page to PDF easily, via a solid PDF editor with affordable price, let’s say Movavi PDFChef, priced at $29.95.
PDFChef is a lightweight PDF editor featuring rich editing tools for you to edit text, image, to create, convert, sign, merge and manage PDF pages. You can add blank page, delete, duplicate, extract pages.
Full Editing Features of Movavi PDFChef
- Edit text and image
- Add and delete text, image
- Add, delete, rotate, copy, extract PDF pages
- Create PDF from Word, Image, etc.
- Convert PDF to Word, Image, ePub, etc.
- Merge files to PDF
- Append PDF
- Sign PDF
- Search in PDF
How to Add or Insert Blank Page to PDF on Mac or on Windows?
- Grab a free copy of PDFChef, install and run the program.
- Add the PDF file which you want to insert a blank page to the program.
- Select the page where you want to add a blank page after, hover to View>Manage pages.
- Click on Blank Page, a white page is now ready in your PDF file.
- Optional. Edit the file if necessary, by clicking on Edit tab.
- Then go to File>Save.
Part 2. Add Blank Page to PDF for Free (Mac Users Only)
We don’t have too many choices on a free PDF editor allowing inserting blank page, even worse, most of these few free tools discontinued updates, which cause annoying compatibility issues on my device. But this is only for Windows users, since Mac users can harness the power from Preview app, the free program created to view and edit PDF files on Mac.
However, Preview has its weakness, its markup tools are mainly for highlighting, annotating, you can add text, but cannot make changes to existing texts or images.
Steps to Add Blank Page to PDF on Mac for Free
- Open PDF with Preview app.
- Select the PDF page where you want to add a blank page after, go to Edit>Insert>Blank Page.
- Optional. Click on the Markup tools icon, use the tools to add texts or notes.
- Go to File>Save, the blank page will be added.
Part 3. Add Blank Page to PDF Online
Actually, there is no online free PDF tools helping add blank page to PDF in a straightforward way, none of them can create and add a blank page to your existing PDF file, unless you have a blank page saved in PDF file, then you can merge this blank page with your PDF file to achieve this purpose. If this complicated process means no trouble to you, you can have a try to add blank page to PDF online free.
There is another disadvantage of using online free tools to add blank PDF page, you can only add the blank page before or after your PDF file, instead of inserting between an existing PDF file.
Steps to Add Blank Page to PDF Online.
- Open Microsoft Word and create a blank page, then go to Save as>PDF. A blank PDF page will be created.
- Navigate to ilove.com/merge_pdf.com in your web browser.
- Click on Select PDF files to add your PDF or the blank PDF page.
- You can reorder the file to put the blank page before or after your PDF file.
- Click Merge button to combine the PDF file.
- Then download the merged PDF file with blank page added.
If you are a Mac user, Preview is absolutely the best free way to add blank page to PDF, but if you work on Windows PC or handle PDF regularly, install PDFChef to simplify the PDF editing.