Videos have spilled over to every aspects of our life and work, a video may be created for recreational intentions, for educational tutorial or for commercial purposes. As long as we have a device with camera, we are able to create our own videos.
To make our video more interesting or unique, we may add various elements to the video, for example, adding background music. Though we are always recommended to install a video editor, there are free ways to add background music to video online, even without watermark.
- Part 1. Best App to Add Music to Video, No Watermark
- Part 2. 5 Ways to Add Background Music to Video Online Free without Watermark
- Part 3. Tools You Are Not Recommended to Add Music to Video Online Free
Part 1. Best App to Add Music to Video, No Watermark
While you are looking for an online free solution to add music to video, we should take notice that more and more users prefer to add music to video with professional standalone programs, since the limitations of online free tools pull them back. In this case, we recommend using Movavi Video Editor Plus.
(But if you insist on adding music to video online free and without watermark, go to Part 2.)
Movavi Video Editor Plus is an easy-to-use and rich-featured video editing tools, you can create your own videos, also customize your videos with its creative media pack.
Movavi Video Editor Plus Standout Features
- Edit audios and videos: add music/image, cut, crop, trim, combine, split, highlight, blur, watermark, stabilize, etc.
- Edit video and audio properties: volume, speed, reverse, etc.
- Edit titles
- Add effects and transitions
- Create quick videos with templates
- Offer built-in media files: royalty-free sample video, audio, effects, etc.
- Offer animation and stickers
- Support 4K videos
- Export videos as different video and audio formats
- Record video, audio
- Capture screencast
Check out How to Add Music to Video Easily and Fast (Mac & Windows)
- Grab a copy of Movavi Video Editor Plus , install the application.
- Go to Import tab, add the video and audio file to this program by drag n drop. Or go to Music, choose a royalty-free music file.
- Then drag and drop to the timeline as following.
- Edit the video and audio as needed.
- Click Export to save the video with audio added in your preferred format.
Part 2. 5 Ways to Add Background Music to Video Online Free without Watermark
We are open to a lot online free video editors, that much is clear to everyone. However, up to 95% online video editors have their limits. We might be able to edit the videos for free, but if we want to download the edited videos, there will be a watermark added, or you will be required to pay to get complete or HD watermark-free videos, that’s the status quo of online free video editors and I believe this will continue for long.
Nevertheless, to our excitement, there are 5 genuine tools available for us to add music to video online free without watermark. But they have shortages too, we will list for you, so you can decide if you want to continue with a signup and add music to video online.
#1 Media.io Video Editor
It offers all video tools in one place: edit, convert, compress, watermark. This free video editor allows uploading video, audio or image from your device or from URL, you can add text too. But there is no media pack available to add creativity to your videos, unless you download its desktop version.
It is the only one that supports exporting videos in 1080P without watermark, it supports 480P and 720P as well. In addition, it processes videos faster than others.
Limitations When Adding Music to Video on Media:
- Require sign up
- Upload local music files only
- Only basic video editing tools: rotate, flip, split
- Video quality is lost (I exported to 1080P, but the video was blurred and frozen sometimes)
Check out How to Add Music to Video Online Free with Media.io
- Navigate to media.io/app/editor and sign up with your Google account or other accounts.
- Upload your video and music file online by drag n drop.
- Drag n drop the video and audio file to the tracks, split or trim the files to match the length of each other.
- Click on the Play button to preview the video, then click on the Export button, choose video quality.
- Click Continue to process the editing. Then download the video with background music added.
It is an online free media file editor tool to process image, video and GIF. With its video editing took, users can add text/image/audio/subtitles/shapes, trim, adjust, crop, rotate, resize, flip, combine, reverse and convert videos. But you will have to sign up with Google or Facebook account, the downloaded videos will be watermark-free. You can export video in 480P and 720P for free.
Limitations When Adding Music to Video on Kapwing:
- Require sign up
- Take longer time to edit and process videos online
- Need to upgrade and pay if want to export over 5 minutes, or export in 1080P
Check out How to Add Music to Video Online Free with Kapwing
- Visit KAPWING, sign in with Google or Facebook account, click on Start Editing.
- Click Upload to import video file.
- Then drag and drop the media files to Timeline, trim or edit as you want to.
- Click on Export Video, choose the format and video quality.
- When the video is ready, click on Download to save the watermark free video to your computer.
Online Converter is an easy-to-use tool to convert a lot of files, including video, audio, image, ebook and document. And it also allows users to edit video, you can use this tool to compress, merge, resize, cut, rotate, add watermark, repair, stabilize and brighten videos.
Limitations When Adding Music to Video on Onlineconverter:
- Slow speed to upload and process video
- Cannot edit and preview the video
Check out How to Add Music to Video Online Free with Online Converter
- Open https://www.onlineconverter.com/add-audio-to-video in your web browser.
- Click on Choose File to upload both video and audio file.
- Then the music will be added to your video, download the watermark-free video.
Also, there are 2 more online free tools to add music to video without watermark, but they can export video in 480P only and requires sign up, if you don’t care about the video quality, you can try as follows:
The steps are similar, you can refer to our tutorials above or visit the website directly.
Part 3. Tools You Are Not Recommended to Add Music to Video Online Free
|Online Video Tools||Reasons Why Not Recommended|
|1||Clideo||Require payment to remove watermark, slow|
|2||Pixiko||File limit of 500MB, slow, require payment to remove watermark|
|3||Invideo||Require signup, file limit of 200MB, require payment to remove watermark|
|4||Voice2v||No audio is added to the exported video|
|5||Fileconverto||No audio is added to the exported video|
|6||Veed||File size limit for free editing: 50MB|
|7||Biteable||Cannot export videos for free, only share|
|8||Addaudiotovideo||No audio is added to the exported video|
|9||mp3care||No audio is added to the exported video|
|10||wofox||Processing pause and get stuck|
Though there are limits on online free video tools, we still have 5 options. But if you want to take your videos to the next new level, try a professional one.