Missing a person in a perfect photo? Now bring new life to your photos by adding a person to your landscape picture, to a group photo or any photo you want to place a people in. Even, we can add our loved deceased one to a photo to expand our memories.
Do we have to add a person to a photo with Photoshop, by moving back and forth between layers with great patience and necessary expertise on Adobe Photoshop? No, we don’t have to today. This article explains 4 ways to add person to a photo without PS, 2 of them are free to use. Instructions apply to Mac and Windows computers only, not for mobile devices.
How to Add Someone into A Picture without Photoshop in Best Quality
If you want to add a person a team/group photo, or to a photo with foreground, a pro-level photo editor will be needed to blend the layers naturally.
With Luminar Neo (for Mac and Windows), which is content aware, users get the simplest approach that uses one-click looks, universal and purpose-built tools to achieve great enhancements on images, as good as that editing photos in Adobe Photoshop. When adding someone to a picture with Luminar NEO, this tool lets you remove the portrait background with one click, then add the person as a layer to the target photo, and blend the added person with your original photo naturally and seamlessly.
Luminar Neo Standout Tools
- One-click Luminar looks to change your photos in seconds.
- Crop photos
- Erase: remove watermark, data stamp, powerlines, dust spots, unwanted person, etc.
- AI remove portrait background
- Add and edit layers
- Essential tools: develop, structure, color, black and white, denoise, detail enhancer, vignette, etc.
- Creative tools: replace sky, relight, add sunrays/atmosphere, apply dramatic/matte/mystical/glowing and other effects to your photo.
- AI enhance portrait.
- Professional tools: supercontrast, color harmony
- Export images, including Raw images to common formats.
How to Add Person to Photo without Photoshop?
- Grab a free copy of Luminar Neo, install and fire up the app on your machine.
- Click Add Photos in Catalog tab to load the photo includes the person and the photo you want to add a person to.
- Double click on the photo including the person, go to Edit>Layer Properties>Masking>Portrait Background.
- Hit on Remove to erase the portrait background first.
- Right click on the person and choose Export.
- Select output as PNG and make it transparent. Save the person to your machine.
- Go back to Catalog and double click on the photo that you want to add someone into.
- Head to Edit, click on “+” from the layer in the left hand.
- Click on Load image to import the transparent photo of the person.
- Resize and move around the person to make it look good in the group photo.
- Then go to File>Export and save it.
Looking for something easier? Here is an alternative!
If you just want to a person to a landscape photo or pictures that have no foreground, you can use the easiest photo editor—Movavi Picverse for MAC and WINDOWS.
- Grab a free copy of Movavi Picverse, install and open the app.
- Drag and drop the image with the person you want to add to another photo.
- Head to Edit>Insert Image, use the Polygonal Lasso Tool to select the person along the edges.
- Press Ctrl+C or click on Copy from the Insertion toolbar to copy the person first.
- Then head to File>Open the photo where you want to add a person to.
- Press Ctrl+V to paste the person the background photo.
- Adjust opacity, resize or move the person as you want to. Then click Apply to add the person.
- Go to File>Save, the person will be easily added to your photo.
Open Source to Add Someone to A Photo Free
GIMP, the adobe-alike tool to edit photos, offers a free way to add someone to photo, it may take some time, but the job can also be done as delicately as possible. It has macOS and Windows versions.
How to add person to photo for free?
- Install and open the GIMP app on your desktop.
- Go to File>Open to import the photo which you add to add a person from.
- Choose the Path tools, click your mouse along the edge of the person to add anchors and outline the person selection. In the curved areas, add more anchors to keep the details. Before clicking on the original anchor to finish the outlining, press and hold Control key to tell the program that’s the end of the selection.
- Find the Paths panel in the right hand, right click on the path and choose Path to Selection.
- Go to Select>Invert.
- Go to Edit>Clear to remove the background.
- Then go to Select>Invert again.
- Right click on the person, choose Edit>Copy.
- Now go to File>Open to import the image you want to add the person.
- Right click on the photo, choose Edit>Paste the person.
- Choose the selection tool to move the position of the person.
- Right click on the person, choose Layer>Scale Layer to resize the person.
- You can adjust the layer size, click Scale to check the result and reposition the person if needed.
- Go to File>Export as to save the added person to your photo.
How to Add A Person to A Photo Online Free
There are many web-based photo editor tools too, helping users to enhance pictures without installing any app, Pixlr is the best. It applies the same method to add a person to a photo as above editors, we have to remove the person background first. It is free to use, but the image quality will be lost in the editing and exporting, you may notice some of the details are just damaged, and might wait patiently when all the editing are processed up there on a 3rd party server.
Follow these steps to add person to photo online free
- Navigate to pixlr.com/remove-background in your web browser, open the photo including the person.
- The background will be auto removed, hit Download to save the transparent person photo to your machine.
- Navigate to pixlr.com and pick Pixlr X.
- Open the image that you want to add the person to, click on “+” from the layer panel on the right hand, choose Image and upload the transparent person photo.
- Resize the person layer and place it anywhere you like.
- Hit Save As and choose the output to download the photo to your machine.
Not Happy with the Result?
Photos are different, our recommended tools may work on ours but may not work on yours, if you want to add a person to a photo with multiple and complicate layer mixing, foregrounds everywhere before the added person, Adobe Photoshop will have to be your choice, it deals with layers professional, it has all tools you will need to make the adding/blending naturally.
You can download and install Adobe Photoshop here and check below YouTube tutorial to add person to your photos, if you have to.