The need to convert images continue to grow even in today, since not all image formats are web friendly. Occasionally, we may need to convert an EPS (Encapsulated PostScript) image to JPG on a Mac or Windows personal computer.
EPS to JPG conversion can be straightforward, there are multiple online and offline free solutions designed for this. But if you want to keep the high resolution retained, a specialist EPS to JPG converter will be a necessity.
How to Convert EPS to High Resolution JPG in Illustrator
EPS is the vector image format used in Adobe Systems. Adobe Illustrator, being the best vector image editor in the word, should be first tool you turn to if you have installed it on your machine. It allows users to edit vector EPS images and convert EPS to JPG in high resolution.
Steps to convert EPS to JPG in high resolution with illustrator
- Open EPS file in Illustrator.
- Head to File>Export As.
- Select JPEG format and click Export.
- Configure the JPEG settings, click OK to convert EPS to JPG in high quality.
How to Convert EPS to High Resolution JPG without Illustrator
If you are looking for the solution to convert EPS to JPG in high resolution but without Illustrator, Adobe’s Photoshop and Acrobat will take you there.
Export EPS as JPG in Adobe Photoshop
Regard handling images, Adobe Photoshop is always the best choice to make everything professional. If you have installed Adobe Photoshop, perform the EPS-to-JPG conversion just in PS.
Steps to Convert EPS to High Resolution JPG in Adobe Photoshop
- Open EPS file in Adobe Photoshop.
- Go to File>Save As, choose JPEG as the output.
- Then tweak the settings in option box.
- Click Save to convert EPS to JPG in Photoshop.
To batch convert EPS to JPG in Adobe Photoshop, the steps will be a little complicated, you have to create an action of EPS to JPG conversion, then automate the task to make batch conversion. Anyway, you can refer to following steps:
- Open EPS file in Photoshop.
- Go to Window>Actions, create a new folder to the new EPS to JPG conversion action.
- Hit the new action icon, rename and click Record icon to start recording the action.
- Go to File>Save As.
- Choose output format as JPEG.
- Click the Stop button to pause the action recording.
- Go to File>Automate>Batch.
- Choose EPS to JPG conversion, choose files from the folder and click OK to batch convert EPS to JPG in Photoshop.
Export EPS as JPG in Adobe Acrobat
Adobe Acrobat reads EPS format as well, it will auto save the EPS as PDF format, and users can export the file as JPG image.
Steps to Convert EPS to JPG without Illustrator
- Open the EPS file in Adobe Acrobat, click Yes to convert.
- Head to Export a PDF.
- Select output as Image>JPEG format, configure the Save As JPEG Settings.
- Click OK.
Convert EPS to JPG Free Online (Mac & Windows)
To pick out the best online free EPS to JPG converters, I have tried all those listed in the first 2 google result pages, it was a large workload to try one by one, but I was able to jump to a conclusion: it is definitely reasonable that why those top-ranked online free EPS to JPG converters appear on the top in Google results, they are indeed doing a good job for users.
My first choice always goes to Zamzar. Personally, I hold more preferences to those online free image converters with a clean webpage, leaving no space for annoying ads or unwanted information. While, Zamzar perfectly meet this need of mine. But the most important is, Zamzar supports batch convert EPS to JPG with high resolution retained.
Steps to Convert EPS to JPG Online Free with Zamzar
- Open Zamzar EPS to JPG in your web browser.
- Click Add files to import several EPS files to the website server.
- Click Convert to upload and process the conversion.
- Once conversion finishes, download the JPG files to your computer.
- Relatively slow to upload and process conversion
- Your files are saved online for 24 hours
In my tests, Convertio turns to be the fastest online free EPS to JPG converter, it handles both uploading and converting very fast. Same as Zamzar, it supports batch converting EPS to JPG and highly maintain the original image resolution. However, only 10 files can be converted for free.
Steps to Convert EPS to JPG Online Free with Convertio
- Open Convertio in your web browser.
- Drag and drop several EPS files to the program.
- Click Convert to start the conversion.
- Once ready, click Download to save the JPEG files to your computer.
- Only 10 files can be converted for free
- Files are saved online for 24 hours: potential risk of information leakage
The reason why I pick this is due more to its optional settings to customize the JPEG output according to users’ need, though it cannot well maintain the high resolution when comparing to other 2 online free EPS to JPG converters. In addition, it does conversions fast and save JPEG files in a smaller size.
Steps to Convert EPS to JPG Online Free with Image. Online-Convert
- Open image.online-convert in your web browser.
- Drag and drop multiple EPS files to the program.
- Go to Optional Settings, choose quality, compression mode, size, color, etc..
- Click Start Conversion to change EPS to JPG.
- Once ready, download the JPEG files to your computer.
- Image resolution loss
- Files are saved online for 24 hours
Best Free EPS to JPG Converter Software (Mac & Windows)
Also, there are offline free EPS to JPG converters worth a try. GMIP is open source software to edit and convert images, though it doesn’t batch convert nor main the original image resolution, it does help on such a conversion task.
GIMP is available for GNU/Linux, macOS, Windows.
Steps to Convert EPS to JPG Free on Mac or Window
- Install GIMP onto your Mac or Windows PC.
- Open EPS files with GMIP.
- Go to File>Export As.
- Choose JPEG as the output, click Export to convert EPS to JPG offline free.