EPS is a vector format, used to print high-resolution images. For different reasons, we may need to convert EPS to PNG, particularly with the transparent background preserved, so we can make full use of EPS files at our convenience.
To convert EPS to PNG on Mac or Windows, there are multiple solutions, you may prefer a piece of robust image converter software or ultimately decide to do conversion online free. Anyway, we bring following feasible methods to you.
- Batch EPS to PNG with Transparent Background
- Convert EPS to PNG with Transparent Background in Photoshop or Illustrator (High Resolution)
- Convert EPS to PNG on Mac Free
- Convert EPS to PNG with Transparent Background Online Free
Batch Convert EPS to PNG with Transparent Background
EPS to PNG conversion itself can be done easily, but if you want to keep transparent background in PNG file, you’d better use a professional image tool to do this job.
BatchPhoto is handy tool to convert and edit images in bulk, both on Mac and Windows. It reads and writes 170+ formats, including common, raw and additional image formats. In addition, it adds editing tools to customize your photos before conversion. Regarding EPS to PNG conversion, it can output PNG files with transparent background in high quality.
- Read and write 100+ kinds of images
- Convert 100+ image formats to 70+ image formats, including Raw to JPEG, PNG to EPS, JPG to EPS, Vector image to PNG, etc.
- Batch convert
- Highly maintain original quality
- Allow basic editing on images
- Upload and share image to FTP or social accounts
Steps to Convert EPS to PNG with Transparent Background
(BatchPhoto is Available for both macOS and Windows)
- Grab a copy of BatchPhoto onto your Mac or Windows PC.
- Go to Add Photos, import all the EPS files to the program.
- Go to Edit Photos, add a filter to edit your photos before conversion.
- Go to Setup, select PNG from the format menu.
- Then click on Process to start the EPS to PNG conversion.
Convert EPS to PNG with Transparent Background in Photoshop or Illustrator (High Resolution)
There is a professional and high-quality option to convert EPS to PNG with transparent background, using Adobe Photoshop, if you have installed Photoshop program, follow the steps to save your EPS files as transparent PNG.
Steps to Convert EPS to PNG with Transparent Background in Photoshop
- Run Adobe Photoshop.
- Drag and drop EPS to Adobe, choose OK to rasterize EPS format.
- Go to File>Export As.
- Choose Format as PNG. Tick the box before Transparency, and set up the image or canvas size.
- Click Export and select the output destination to convert EPS to transparent background PNG in Adobe Photoshop.
EPS is one of the most illustration-friendly image formats in Adobe Illustrator, with Illustrator’s Export feature, we can convert EPS to PNG with transparent background too.
Steps to Convert EPS to PNG in Illustrator
- Run Adobe Illustrator.
- Drag and drop EPS file for opening the file.
- Go to File>Export.
- Choose output as PNG.
- Click Export to save EPS as PNG with transparent background.
However, Illustrator doesn’t support batch convert EPS to PNG.
Convert EPS to PNG on Mac Free
For mac users, it is so lucky that they are given with a free macOS program to convert images—Preview.
Preview can open and view PDF, image and some documents on Mac, if you want to convert EPS to PNG on Mac free, Preview is 100% the best solution, though it doesn’t support bulk conversion, nor preserve the original transparent background.
Steps to Convert EPS to PNG Free with Mac Preview
- Open EPS file with Preview.
- Then go to File>Export.
- Choose PNG as format, also you can adjust the resolution.
- Click Save to convert EPS to PNG with Mac Preview.
As we mentioned in the beginning of this part, Preview cannot export EPS as transparent background PNG files, if this disappoint you, you can try BatchPhoto or Adobe.
Convert EPS to PNG with Transparent Background Online Free
On my own part, online free tools are always a reliable way to convert files, they are free, easy to use and there are so many choices. But when working on EPS to transparent background PNG conversion, not all online free tools help.
I tested 20 online free image converters, but only 2 of them can convert a EPS file to PNG with transparent background, Convertio and CloudConvert.
I cannot even remember how many times I have recommended our readers to try Convertio when converting files, only because its terrific conversion jobs.
It supports all kinds of file conversions, including video, audio, image, ebook, document… With an overall conversion quality rating 4.7/5.0, Convertio creates high quality conversion for millions of users. Also, it offers OCR features, turning pictures into editable text or other formats.
Yet, you can only convert 10 EPS files one time for free and your files will be stored online for 24 hours. Convertio does create high-quality PNG files, which also makes its file size relatively larger.
Steps to Convert EPS to PNG with Transparent Background Online Free
- Head to Convertio EPS to PNG.
- Drag and drop EPS files to the online program.
- Click Convert to start the conversion.
- Download PNG files to your output folder.
Yes, most of the online free file converters provide similar conversion services, just like Convertio, CloudConvert is another web-based tool to convert basically all types of files. It doesn’t support OCR, but allows users to manage PDF and image files easily.
When uploading a large EPS file, it may take quite a lot of time to upload and convert, don’t close the webpage, wait patiently until the conversion starts.
Convert EPS to PNG with Transparent Background Online Free with CloudConvert
- Head to CloudConvert EPS to PNG.
- Import all EPS files to the online program.
- Click Convert to start the conversion, or you can tweak the settings before conversion.
- Download PNG files to your output folder.
BatchPhoto VS Adobe VS Online
The tools we wrote in this post are all good, but for different cases. If you want to bulk convert EPS to transparent PNG, Batchphoto is the most efficient solution, if you have installed Adobe Photoshop, convert it like a profession, but if you want to convert 1 or 2 files without paying, open your web browser and use Convertio or CloudConvert.