SVG is the format to display vector images on website for responsive purpose, if you are in the situation where your file is originally saved in PDF but need to keep in SVG format, you are in luck. We will show you multiple options to convert PDF to SVG in batches, with or without Adobe tools, free methods will be also covered.
Best PDF to SVG Converter Software for Mac and Windows
Let’s start with the easiest way to convert a single or batch PDFs to SVG on your Mac or Windows PC—get yourself Pixillion.
Pixillion Image Converter is a bulk image converter changing 50+ types of images to 20+ popular formats, the input support includes common images like jpeg, png, bmp, etc, raw images like arw, cr2,nef, etc and others like tga, djvu, heic, webp, ico and so on, the output support includes all the common image formats like jpeg, png, pdf, gif, tga, tiff, etc. In addition, you can edit the images a little to have a wanted conversion, like rotate, flip, resize or watermark your images.
This program is recommended to have on your Mac or Windows, since it supports a host of images you are much likely to deal with in your work, it eliminates the compatibility issue, helping you view any kind of image on your device in original image quality. It handles conversion fast and offers advanced settings for customization.
(Bulk) Convert PDF to SVG on Mac or Windows
- Grab the Pixllion Image Converter installer, install and open it.
- Add all PDF files to the app, use its image reader to preview the PDF first.
- Hover to Effects, edit the PDF file if you need.
- Select output as SVG, click Convert to convert PDF to SVG format.
How to Convert PDF to SVG in Adobe Illustrator
Adobe offers different solutions to process a PDF file, but Illustrator is the only option to convert PDF to vector SVG format. In spite that it doesn’t convert images as easily as Pixillion, if you have paid for it, don’t waste your money on it, because it has the best quality conversion.
- Get a free trial of Adobe Illustrator and install, launch Illustrator on your device.
- Open PDF in Illustrator.
- Hover to File>Export>SVG.
- Click on Export to save PDF as SVG in Adobe.
How to Convert PDF to SVG Free Offline?
Inkscape is a free alternative to Adobe Illustrator to edit vector graphics, it is an open source working on Linux, Windows and macOS. SVG is its main format, it can read PDF files, which makes it a good PDF to SVG converter.
Here is how to convert PDF to SVG free:
- Grab a free copy of Inkscape installer from its official website, install and open the app.
- Import PDF to Inkscape.
- Hover to File>Save As.
- Select SVG format from the output menu.
Online Free PDF to SVG Converter: pdftosvg
Pdftosvg from Media4x provides the easiest way to convert PDF to SVG, by drag and drop, you can convert multiple PDFs to SVG format. You can download SVG file one by one all download all in a Zip archive. But the conversion quality is not the best.
- Navigate to pdftosvg.com in your web browser.
- Drag and drop PDF files to the web tool.
- Wait for the uploading and processing, when ready, click Download button to save SVG files to your device.
Online Free PDF to SVG Converter:
CloudConvert is a popular online free file converter that supports a wide variety of formats, including photos, videos, audios, archives, documents and so on. You can load a local PDF file, from URL, or files stored in your cloud storage account (Google Drive, Dropbox and OneDrive). It provides 2 engine, mupdf and Inkscape, you can convert texts to paths or not, also you can convert specified pages if you need. You may need more patience when using this converter.
- Navigate to cloudconvert/pdf-to-svg in your web browser.
- Upload one or multiple PDF files to the online tool.
- Click on Settings icon to fine tune settings for output SVG file.
- Click Convert to change PDF to SVG format online free.
Converting images is more common and necessary then we expect. There may be manual options with a tedious process, powerful image editor with limited conversion formats, we don’t recommend any of them, at least on the topic of PDF to SVG, you are assured to try Pixillion, illustrator or online free tools mentioned in our article.