Not content with the hair color in your photos or just want to change the hair color for different occasions? Let’s change it!
Hair color change was not easy, it was Photoshop-level photo editing task, because only professional image processing tools like Adobe Photoshop or Lightroom is capable of changing a hair color elegantly. But today, it changing hair color becomes much easier and can be handled as you prefer.
The Best Photo Editor to Change Hair Color in Photo (Mac & Windows)
The photo editor that most of our users are looking for should be characteristic of equal simplicity and versatility. In other words, it should be easy to start with, but also features with advanced photo editing as users’ skills grow. Luminar AI is a perfect fit for this.
Luminar AI from Skylum is a creative and AI-powered photo editing tool for both Mac and Windows users. It offers both basic and professional editing tools, even adds AI tools to enhance your photos with one click.
Luminar AI Top Features
For itselectable users, use the promo code ITSELECTABLE20 to have an extra $10 OFF
- AI enhance photos
- Change hair color, change eye color, replace sky, etc
- Offer Essential/Creative/Portrait and Pro editing modes
- Add and edit masks with Paint & Erase tool to blend images, remove unwanted objects, etc.
- Add Luminar effects
- Crop, rotate, flip, zoom photos
- Share photos to Mail or social media accounts
- Export photos as major file formats
- Batch process
- Before & After Preview
How to Use The Best Photo Editor App to Change Hair Color in Photo?
- Grab a copy of Luminar AI to your Mac or Windows.
- Click +>Add Image to add photo for hair color change.
- Click on Edit>Essentials>Color.
- Then go to HSL, choose the hue shift by moving the slider.
- Then go to Edit Mask>Paint Mask>Paint, adjust the brush size, opacity or softness and brush over the hair to paint hair color.
- Also, zoom in by scrolling up your mouse, press Space bar to change between brush tool and hand tool for accurate painting, use Erase tool to remove the hair color painting if fill color in the wrong area.
- After adding the mask of hair coloring, go back to HSL, adjust it by moving the slider to left or right, try different colors until you are happy with the hair color.
- Finally, go to Export>Save Photo to Disk to save the photo with hair color changed.
Also, you can refer to following hair color change video tutorial using Luminar 4, it it a little different from that using Luminar AI, but follows the same principle.
How to Change Hair Color in Photo with Online Free Photo Editor?
(Notes: No online free photo editor is available to change hair color in photo, but we have a tip for you)
I am personally inclined to include some online free solutions for each of my topics, because they do work for some users. On hair color change, you can do it online, but actually, there is no free service is available, you have to upgrade and use the Hair Color Change feature.
If you still insist on a go to change hair color online free, you can change hair color online first, then take a screenshot of the photo with hair color changes and save to your destination folder. Ribbet can be a good choice.
Change Hair Color with Online Free Photo Editor Ribbet
Ribbet is an online free photo editor, it offers basic editing features (auto fix, crop, rotate, adjust exposure/colors, sharpen, resize), allows adding effect, touchup, overlays, text, sticker, frame, etc.
Though Ribbet allows changing hair color, it is done by brushes, users cannot have a full control on the details. Also, it takes time to finish a hair color change.
Steps to change hair color in photo online free
- Head to the website of Ribbet, enable Flash.
- Then upload your photo.
- Go to Touchup>Highlights, choose a hair color, adjust the Brush size and Fade, then add a new color to the hair. If you want to remove color from specific area, click on Eraser to erase.
- Then take a screenshot of the photo with hair color change and save it. Otherwise, you will have to pay.