Both HEIC and PDF are image format, but PDF, with its extraordinary flexibility and security, has made itself a standard format in various of industries. So, sometimes, we may need to convert or combine several HEIC images into one PDF.
A multiple-page PDF can be annoyingly large in file size, especially a PDF composed of several images. So, we take small size into our considerations when picking a good solution to convert or merge HEIC to PDF.
1. Pixillion Image Converter (macOS & Windows)
Pixillion is really a lightweight bulk image converter, which mostly makes it easy to convert an image, it can be raw image, JPG, PNG, PSD, AI, AAE, TGA, HEIC, WEBP, it can read and write on 50+ images. In addition to conversion feature, there are extra editing features: resize, flip, rotate, add watermark.
When setting up a conversion process, you can combine all images into one PDF or other supported format, also you can choose low quality image or use the compression preferences to keep your files small.
The Reason to Use Pixillion
- Read HEIC, Raw and 50+ image formats
- Convert images into 20 image formats: JPG, PNG, PDF
- Edit images: resize, flip, rotate, add watermark text or image
- Add preset to customize images
- Bulk convert
- Available on macOS and Windows
How to Convert and Merge HEIC to PDF with Small Size on Mac or Windows
- Grab a free copy of Pixillion Image Converter, install and open the application.
- Add all HEIC images into the app, you can click on each file name to preview the file in the right-handed panel.
- Select output as PDF, also click on Encoder Settings to choose Low or Medium image quality if you want make the PDF smaller.
- Select all HEIC images, the Combine feature will be enabled, click on the button.
- Set up the HEIC combining, you can change the order to display HEIC image in the PDF file with your wanted order, then click Combine.
- Name the PDF file and choose output folder to merge all HEIC images into one PDF with small size.
2. Preview (macOS, Convert, Combine)
HEIC is Apple device friendly. If you want to convert and merge HEIC images into a PDF, Preview is the free tool you don’t want to miss.
Check out how to convert and combine HEIC to PDF on Mac Free
- Select all HEIC image, right click to choose open with Preview.
- Select all HEIC image again in Preview by pressing Shift while selecting.
- Go to File>Export Selected Images…
- Choose PDF as the output format, also select Reduce file size from Quartz Filter, click Choose to convert all HEIC images into separate PDF format.
- Open any of the created PDF file from your HEIC image, display Thumbnail on the left-hand sidebar.
- Drag and drop other PDF files created from your HEIC images to Thumbnail area.
- Then head to File>Save to merge all HEIC PDFs into one PDF on Mac.
3. Permute (macOS, Convert, Cannot Combine)
It is a media file converter with OCR feature, supporting audio, video and image conversions. On HEIC conversions, it supports bulk work, but it cannot combine HEIC images into one PDF.
Check out the steps to convert HEIC to PDF on Mac
- Get a free copy of Permute, install and run the app.
- Drag and drop all HEIC images to Permute.
- Select output as PDF, also you can add preset.
- Click on the Settings button to choose destination, resize or compress the file in wanted size.
- Click on Start button to convert all HECI images to separate PDF format on Mac.
4. Google Drive (Online Free, Cannot Combine)
Your HEIC images may saved on Google Drive, the place to manage your file online free. Though Google Drive doesn’t build a tool to open and convert a HEIC file, it directs you to use CloudConvert on the conversion. Essentially, converting HEIC to PDF on Google Drive is doing the task with CloudConvert, an online free service to convert lots of files. However, it converts HEIC to PDF only, there is no Combine feature.
Check out the steps to convert HEIC to PDF on Google Drive
- Login in and head to Google Drive.
- Click + and upload file to import the HEIC images.
- Right click on the HEIC image and open with CloudConvert.
- Authorize your access to CloudConvert with Google Account.
- Click on settings icon for preferences or add more files to convert multiple HEIC images at one time.
- Click Convert to save HEIC in PDF format online free.
5. Online2pdf HEIC to PDF (Online, Free, Combine)
Still not give up the idea of finding an online free solution to convert and merge HEIC to PDF? We have one.
Online2pdf offers online free services to convert different formats of files, including media files, documents, archives, ebooks and so on. Not just converting files, it add presets to file conversion, so you can merge, compress even edit a little bit on the result. It has caps, maximum size 150MB for up to 20 files.
Check out the steps to convert and merge HECI to PDF online free
- Navigate to online2pdf heic to pdf in your web browser.
- Add all HEIC images online.
- Choose Merge files in Mode, choose PDF in Convert to.
- Click on Compression or Protection to add preferences to your PDF.
- Click on Convert to combine all HEIC to PDF online.
Start your conversion
Personally, I recommend Pixillion or Online2PDF to start the conversion, you can either get the best result or get the job comes from nothing.