ecently I run into a new problem, I need to convert a PNG file into EPS format, so my client can further utilize the file for her purpose. I did took a lot of time on studying this and finally picked 5 practical solutions to convert PNG to EPS, no matter you are using Adobe Photoshop or illustrator, working on a Mac or Windows PC.
What is EPS format?
The full name of EPS is Encapsulated PostScript, it is a vector-based image containing texts and graphics. For a long time, EPS is widely used to exchange images, drawings or layouts of a page, it uses lossless compression to maintain high image integrity. And that’s why many logos are saved in this format.
#1 Batch Convert PNG to EPS (Mac|Windows)
To batch convert PNG files to EPS and with good quality, a professional image tool will be the best choice. Often, such a tool offers abundant features to read and manage all kinds of image files. It is available both on MacOS and Windows.
BatchPhoto is always my favorite image tool to bulk edit and convert images. It allows users to:
- Open and view all kinds of raw images;
- Export image to PDF;
- Edit images easily: rename, resize, crop, add effect, rotate, change DPI, replace color, add watermark, comment, add frames or border, etc;
- Upload and share image to FTP or social accounts;
- Batch processing;
- Preserve original image quality;
Steps to Batch Convert PNG to EPS with BatchPhoto (Mac | Windows)
- Download and install BatchPhoto on your Mac or Windows PC.
- Click “Add Photos” on the main interface to import a or multiple PNG files;
- Optional. Click “Edit” to customize your PNG images before conversion;
- Go to Setup, choose output as EPS and select output folder as needed. Also you can adjust the settings according to your needs. Then click OK to start converting PNG to EPS.
#2 Convert PNG to EPS in Photoshop
Working as the most powerful tool to edit and manage image files, Adobe Photoshop is always picked as the first choice to convert PNG to EPS.
- Open PNG in Photoshop;
- Go to File>Save As and choose Photoshop EPS as the output format;
- Optional. In the option box, select the option according to your needs;
- Then click “Save” to convert PNG to EPS.
#3 Convert PNG to EPS in illustrator
- Open PNG in illustrator;
- Go to Window>Image Trace;
- In the Image Trace box, manually adjust Preset and Mode according to your need;
- Go to Object>Image Trace>Expand;
- Go to File>Save as, choose illustrator EPS as the output, then click “Save” to export PNG as EPS in illustrator.
#4 Save PNG as EPS in Adobe Acrobat
In fact, if you have installed Adobe Acrobat, you can save a PNG file as EPS directly in Adobe Acrobat.
- Launch Adobe Acrobat;
- Go to Tools>Create PDF;
- Click on Single File and choose “Create” to import PNG file to the program;
- Then go back to Tools>Export PDF;
- Click on More Formats, choose Encapsulated PostScript as the output format;
- Last, click “Export” to save PNG file as EPS in Adobe Acrobat.
#5 Best Online Free PNG to EPS Converter
When converting PNG to EPS, online image converters are always the first choice coming to users, they are free and easy to use. Here, after testing dozens of online free PNG to EPS converters myself, I pick the top 2 :cloudconvert and aconvert. Have a try after you check the following details.
If you are a Google Docs user, you should be familiar with cloudconvert, it is an online conversion service offered within Google Docs to read or convert the files that you upload to Google Drive but Google Docs cannot work on them.
And this just proves that why cloudconvert is my best pick, due to its satisfactory conversion quality and excellent user experience.
- Good conversion quality
- Batch convert
- Upload files from computer, URL, Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, Box
- Excellent support on output format
- Enable customizing files by offering conversion options
- Create archive for output files
- Fast conversion
- Potential risk of information leakage
- Image quality is sacrificed sometimes
Steps to Convert PNG to EPS with cloudconvert
- Go to cloudconvert PNG to EPS converter;
- Click “Select Files” to upload PNG files;
- Choose output as EPS
- Optional. Click on the Settings icon to adjust conversion options, then click Okay;
- Then click the “Start Conversion” button;
- Once the conversion finishes, click “Download” to get EPS output.
Another online free PNG to EPS converter on my recommendation list is aconvert. It brings qualified conversion quality and run fast to process a conversion. In addition, this tool allows users to convert document, eboo, image, video, audio, archive and even webpage.
- Upload files from computer, URL, Google Drive, Dropbox;
- Excellent support on output format;
- Allow to change image size;
- Convert fast;
- Do not support batch conversion
- Potential risk of information leakage
- Unstable conversion quality
- Too many ads on the webpage
Steps to Convert PNG to EPS with aconvert
- Go to https://www.aconvert.com/image/png-to-eps/;
- Click ‘Choose Files” to upload a PNG file;
- Choose output as EPS;
- Select to change image size or not;
- Click “Convert Now” to turn PNG to EPS;
- Once the conversion is ready, click the download icon to get EPS file.
Isn’t is easy to convert a PNG file to EPS format? The key to convert PNG to EPS is to find an appropriate tool, no matter it is online or offline program. And definitely, the most efficient way to convert PNG to EPS is using a professional one, like BatchPhoto.