When speaking PNG to HTML conversion, there may be 3 different cases:
- Convert a Website Template in PNG format to HTML Code—You may have designed the layout for your website and save it in PNG format, but now you will need to turn them into HTML webpages. In this case, you will need Dreamweaver and you have to know something about HTML and CSS, even more.
- Convert a Code Image File to HTML Text—You may get an image file storing HTML text, and now you need to extract the HTML text from the PNG image with the help of OCR technology, then copy and paste these texts to your HTML file.
- Display Image in HTML File—You have a HTML file in hand and need to display the image on the webpage. In this case, you need to upload the PNG image to your website server first, then add HTML code to display the image accordingly.
Basing on different situations, here we offer different solutions, and all of them are free and ease to use.
1. Convert Website Template PNG File to HTML Code
If you have designed or chosen a website template in PNG format, and want to make your website looks exactly the same as the PNG file, things would be not that easy. You will need the help of Adobe Dreamweaver, the program allowing users to create their own webpages, also you need to have a basic knowledge about HTML and CSS.
The first step is to slice the images out from the PNG file, make sure all the extracted images or icon are in high resolution. For the detailed tutorial, refer to the following YouTube video:
Extended: Paid PNG to HTML Code Converter or Services
It is true that it takes so much time and effort to manually turn a PNG website template to HTML code. And luckily, there are 2 alternatives to do this.
Use a professional Image to HTML Converter—SliceMaker Platium
SliceMaker is a web programmer, allowing users to slice web design images, create CSS and DIV. It supports PSD, PNG, JPG, GIF, users can save the image files as HTML, HTM, ASP, PHP, ASPX, ASCX, JSP. Also, it offers a free trial.
- Step 1. Get a copy and install SliceMaker
- Step 2. Import PNG to the program.
- Step 3. Go to Tools>Options>Basic, set the web root directory.
- Step 4. Go to Tools>Options>Head, and set Title, Keywords, Description for your HTML webpage.
- Step 5. Name the webpage and select HTML as target language.
- Step 6. Click on the DIV button to slice images.
- Step 7. Click on sliced images to add attributes.
- Step 8. Click the trainle after HTML format to convert PNG image to HTML.
Find a professional Image to HTML conversion service—Fronty
If you know little about HTML codes, you can find an expert or ask for the service online, such as Fronty, it helps to convert web design images into HTML webpages. But you will need to register and pay to get the service.
2. Convert Code PNG Image to HTML text
To extract the code from a PNG image, and then add to a HTML file, OCR is required. To convert PNG to HTML for free, here are 3 online free OCR tools.
Notes: For advanced conversions, have a free try on ABBYY FineReader, it supports OCR PNG/JPG and other images to HTML.
I have tried dozens of online image to html converters, but online-convert is the only one does OCR on PNG image and then export as editable HTML format. It is a powerful online converter to work on archives, audios, devices, documents, ebooks, images, videos, etc.
- Step 1. Navigate to https://document.online-convert.com/convert-to-html in your browser.
- Step 2. Click Choose Files to upload the PNG image.
- Step 3. (Optional) Tweak the settings according to your need.
- Step 4. Click Start conversion to turn PNG to html.
- Step 5. Once the conversion is over, click Download to get the HTML file.
Though convertio doesn’t support exporting PNG as HTML text directly, it is capable of doing OCR to save PNG in editable text, word or other formats, then you will just need to paste the recognized text to a HTML file.
- Step 1.Navigate to https://convertio.co/ocr/ in your web browser.
- Step 2. Click From Computer to upload the PNG file.
- Step 3. Choose file language, output.
- Step 4. Click Recognize to turn PNG file to text.
- Step 5. Copy and paste the Text to your HTML file, then save it.
online2pdf is another platform allowing users to convert PDF and images into various formats, it is capable of doing OCR on scanned PDF or images and export as editable formats, such as Text, Word, Excel, etc. Even, it allows users to personalize the file to limited extent.
- Step 1. Navigate to online2pdf in your web browser.
- Step 2. Click Select files to upload your PNG files.
- Step 3. Choose output as Text and select file language.
- Step 4. Click Convert to export PNG file as Text.
- Step 5. Copy and paste the text to HTML file, save the file.
3. Display Image in HTML file
As we know, an image cannot be directly added into a HTML file, we need to turn the image to HTML code. To display an image in HTML file, you need to upload your PNG image to a server and get the URL. There are a lot of platforms allowing users to upload images online, here we take imgbb as an example to show you the steps.
- Step 1. Navigate to https://imgbb.com/ in your web browser.
- Step 2. Click Start Uploading >Upload to add your PNG image to the website server.
- Step 3. Under Embed codes, choose HTML full linked, then copy the codes as following.
- Step 4. Then paste the code to your HTML file and save it.
How to choose a way to convert a PNG image to HTML format depends on what is purpose, do you want to extract the HTML text from PNG image, or turn website design PNG file to HTML webpage, or just want to display an image as URL in HTML. Anyway, you can find all the solutions in our guide no matter which situation you are in.