Though our mobile device provides an extremely convenient way to take photos, the photos captured under the lens of our mobile camera is still overshadowed by those under a Canon or other professional cameras. And this is why we still bring along with Canon or other cameras when traveling, we want our photos taken with high definition, to be real and genuine.
However, the photos created by a Canon camera is saved as its own image formats: CR2, CR3 or CRW, they are high quality but not web-friendly. Or put it simply, they are large in file size and may require a raw image viewer for opening. In this case, people choose to convert Canon raw images to common formats, like JPG, PNG, GIF, TIFF, BMP or others.
Therefore, today we will guide you to the best Canon raw converter software for 2022.
A Few Words about Online Free Canon Raw Converter
In fact, in each of my image conversion tutorials, I will recommend 2 or more online free image converters. However, regarding Canon raw converters, I don’t recommend online free ones this time. Because:
- Most of Canon raw images are large in file size, but there is a file size limit for online raw conversion, you will have to wait, sign up or pay for conversions that exceed the max file size.
- All our Canon raw images are private, but online free conversion requires you to upload and store your files for at least 24 hours.
- It needs more time to process large-size images, the uploading, converting and file downloading all take time.
Anyway, if these are not going to be annoying in your case, you can still have a try on them, like raw.pics, iloveimg, onlineconverter…
Best Canon Raw Converter for CR2 and CRW 2022
BatchPhoto is picked as the best Canon Raw Converter software for 2022, on both macOS and Windows. It is an image converter supports reading and writing 170+ image formats, including common ones, raw images from Canon or other brands of Cameras, and additional ones applied in specific fields. In addition, it can edit your Canon raw images before outputting as preferred image format.
Why BatchPhoto Pro the Best Canon Raw Converter?
You can utilize BatchPhoto to read more than 170 image types, including PNG, JPG, BMP, SVG, EPS, PSD, Canon raw CR2, Canon raw CRW, DNG, PDF, virtually all the image formats that you will use in your whole life.
- Preview Canon raw and other images without opening a photo viewer
After adding Canon raw images to the program, it will allow you to preview the image, you can zoom in and out to check the details.
- Convert Canon Raw to JPG, PNG and 70+ image formats
Want to convert Canon raw images to JPG or to other formats for easy sharing, or for professional editing? No matter what your purpose is, BatchPhoto Pro offers an amazing support of output formats: JPG, JPEG, BMP, EPS, GIF, PDF, PNG, PSD, SGI, TGA, TIFF, AVS, CIN and so on. That’s to say, you can convert Raw to JPEG, PNG to EPS, SVG to JPG, etc.
- Batch convert Canon Raw images
It can bulk convert Canon and other raw images, saving all images as picked format. The process is simple and short. And the bulk conversion won’t degrade the conversion quality.
- Edit Canon and other raw images
BatchPhoto adds a set of editing tools for users to personalize their photos before conversion, you can annotate, add watermark/date, stamp, rotate, crop, replace color, flip, resize, roll, reduce noise, black & white, touch up, apply fx, add effects and so on.
- Upload image to FTP or send via Email
You can save the output images to designated folder or just upload to FTP, even directly send via Email.
- Work on macOS and Windows
How to Convert Canon Raw to JPG or Others on Mac & Windows?
- Grab a copy of BatchPhoto Pro ,intall and run the app.
- Go to Add Photos to import Canon CR2 or CRW raw images.
- Go to Edit Photos to personalize your Canon photos before conversion.
- Go to Setup, choose output folder and output formats from the list. Also, you can use the settings.
- Go to Process to start converting your Canon raw images.
Best Canon Raw Converter for CR3, CR2 and CRW 2022
It is a pity that BatchPhoto cannot convert CR3 format, if you want to convert Canon raw formats, including CR3, here is an alternative.
Pixillion Image Converter is also an excellent Canon raw converter software to export Canon and other raw images. It reads 50+ image formats, including Canon CR3, CR2, CRW and raw images from other brands of camera. Also, it can export these images into 20+ image format, though not as diverse as BatchPhoto, it can basically meet your needs. Of course, by supporting less image formats, it comes with a lower price and smaller size.
In addition, it allows users to resize, flip, rotate and add watermark to Canon raw images before conversion.
Why Pixillion Image Converter is The Best Canon Raw Converter?
- Support macOS and Windows machine
- Read 50+ formats: raw, raster, vector images
- Export as 20+ formats: JPG, PNG, PDF, WEBP, SVG, etc.
- Offer output settings: combine, compress, transparency, etc.
- Edit images: resize, watermark, flip, rotate, add filter.
- Bulk convert images
How to Use Pixillion Canon Raw File Converter on Mac or Windows?
- Grab a copy of Pixillion Image Converter from NCH Software website, install and open it.
- Drag and drop Canon raw images, including CR3, CR2, CRW to the program.
- (Optional) Edit the Canon raw images: resize, rotate or add watermarks.
- Choose output or click Settings to customize.
- Click Convert to export your Canon raw images.
So, which one do you think better?