Sometimes, we need to crop a PDF on mac to remove those unwanted parts for various reasons. This task can be quite easy if you have worked on a Mac for long time, but if you are just new to Mac, it may some time for you to figure out some good ways to crop the PDF on your Mac.
Here for those in need, we offer 4 ways to crop a PDF on mac, all are free to use.
Recommended: Crop One or All PDF Pages on Mac Easily
Cropping PDF on Mac is never a problem, but if you want to crop a multiple-PDF file efficiently, for example, crop current single one PDF page or crop all PDF pages, you need an advanced PDF tool. Here we recommend PDF Expert.
PDF Expert is as powerful as Adobe Acrobat but makes it quite easier to edit PDF at basic or advanced level. It offers all tools you may need to process a PDF, create, convert, edit, OCR, protect, sign and so on.
Main Features of PDF Expert
- Crop and rotate PDFs;
- Edit PDF text, image, link;
- Redact, annotate, protect, add stamp, sign, compress, extract PDF;
- Fill forms;
- Add/delete PDF pages, merge/split PDF files;
- Create PDF from Word, Image, etc;
- Convert PDF to Word, PowerPoint, Excel, HTML, Image;
- OCR PDF;
- Export annotation summary;
How to Crop One or All PDF Pages on Mac?
- Download and install PDF Expert to your Mac;
- Drag and drop PDF to PDF Expert;
- Go to Annotate, click on the Crop button;
- Choose the part to crop and click Crop button;
- Choose to crop Current Page or All Pages;
- Go to File>Save to finish cropping PDF on Mac.
4 Ways to Crop PDF on Mac for Free
#1 How to Crop a PDF on Mac with Preview?
Speaking of dealing with PDF on mac, Preview should be the first and the best free tool to manage PDFs, so does cropping a PDF. Users are allowed to crop PDF on Mac with Preview. And here are 2 methods to do this.
- Open PDF with Preview,
- Go to Tools> Rectangular Selection;
- Select the part you want to crop;
- Go to Tools>Crop. Then the PDF will be cropped on mac.
- 1.Open PDF with Preview;
- Go to the “Show markup toolbar” marked in red;
- Then find the “Rectangular Selection” tool;
- Select the part you want to crop and click “Crop” to finish the cropping.
#2 How to Crop a PDF Permanently on Mac with Preview?
However, as you may have noticed that above 2 methods cannot crop a PDF permanently, when you open the cropped PDF in PhotoShop or other tools, you will be able to restore the complete PDF that is not cropped.
Then what to do if you want to crop a PDF permanently on Mac with Preview? Here are the steps:
- Step 1. Open PDF with Preview;
- Step 2. Go to File>Take Screenshot, the choose to take screenshot from Selection/Window/Entire Screen. Then you will find the cropped PDF saved in a screenshot PNG;
- Step 3. Then open the screenshot with Preview, go to File>Export as PDF. Done.
#3 An Easy to Crop PDF on Mac
While, another easy way to crop PDF on mac is to directly take screenshot from the PDF. Just open the PDF with Preview, then press:
For macOS Mojave and later: Shift-Command-5
For all versions of macOS: Shift-Command-4.
After saving the cropped PDF in screenshot PNG image, you will need to open the image with Preview, go to File>Export as PDF, to make the cropped part save in PDF again.
#4 Online Free Tool to Crop PDF on Mac
Still, there are online free tools helping users to crop PDF on mac. Here we recommend Sejda, a professional platform offering free services to edit, crop, merge, split, protect, compress, convert and create PDF files easily.
- Step 1. Go to https://www.sejda.com/crop-pdf
- Step 2. Click Upload PDF files or directly PDF file to the program for uploading;
- Step 3. Choose to crop whole document or individual page of the PDF file;
- Step 4. Drag your mouse to select the part you want to crop, then click “Crop”;
- Step 5. Once the cropping finishes, download the file, you can save to your computer or other online storage accounts.
There are more solutions to crop a PDF on mac, and the best way to crop PDF files on mac is for sure to use the Mac Preview, it is free and easy, still effective.