Photos are always added in documents to make our ideas more clearly. However, very often, the cited photos are created by others and added with a watermark showing the origin. Then how to remove a watermark from photos, in the purpose to make the cited photos not distractive by the watermark and to make our files look more professional? Here you will find 7 ways to remove watermark from photos, including online free solutions and several offline professional photo watermark remover applications.
But before removing the watermark from a photo, you should realize that it is illegal to remove the photo watermarks for commercial or for other criminal act.
#1 Best Way to Remove Watermark from Photo (Mac & Windows)
1) Use Professional Photo Editor
Is there any tool helps to remove watermark from photo with one click? Yes, there is. Luminar 4 can remove watermark, remove person or other unwanted objects from your photos easily, you just need to select the watermark, then it will erase automatically and leave your photo look the same way as you expect.
Luminar 4 is a tool designed to browse and edit photos as easily as possible, but yields same results as professional as Adobe Photoshop, it helps to:
- AI-Powered: smart, intelligent, professional;
- Browse photos in library;
- Add as plug-in to Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom/PS Elements/Apple Aperture;
- Crop, rotate, zoom;
- Essential editing: light, color, details, denoise, landscape, vignette;
- Creative editing: sky replacemet, sunrays, dramatic, matte look, color styles, glow, fog, etc.;
- Professional editing: advanced contrast, gradient, dodge & burn, filter, split toning;
- Batch resize and rename;
- Remove unwanted person or objects;
- Clone and stamp;
- Convert photos to JPG, PNG, BMP, Photoshop, etc.;
- Before & After check;
For itselectable users, use the promo code ITSELECTABLE20 to have an extra $10 OFF
Steps to Remove Watermark from Photo with Luminar
- Step 1. Download and install Luminar 4;
- Step 2. Click “+” > Edit Single Image to add photo for watermark removal;
- Step 3. Go to Edit>Canvas>Erase, or press Command+E on Mac or Ctrl+E on Windows to navigate to Erase interface;
- Step 4. Then hold and move the brush tool onto the watermark area, you can adjust the brush size according to your needs;
- Step 5. Once ready, click “Done” to save the photo without watermark to your computer;
- Step 6. (Optional) You can customize the photo with its essential/creative/pro editing tools if needed;
2) Use A Photo Watermark Remover to Remove Fast and Easily
If a professional photo editor is unnecessary for you, a dedicated photo watermark remover would be a better choice, like, SoftOrbits Photo Stamp Remover.
It is a Windows photo watermark tool to add watermark and remove watermark/date stamp/text or other unwanted objects from photo. It supports batch removing watermarks. You can use selection tools to remove simple watermarks or utilize its clone stamp feature to remove complicate watermarks with details.
Main Features of Photo Stamp Remover
- Remove watermark/date stamp/unwanted objects;
- Batch remove watermark;
- Basic and advanced tool to do watermark removal;
- Add watermark text or image;
- Crop photos;
- Save photos as JPEG, PNG, SVG, BMP, GIF, TIFF, ICO, etc.;
How to Remove Photo Watermark Easily on Windows?
- Download and install Photo Stamp Remover;
- Add photos to the program by drag and drop;
- Go to Remove, choose a selection tools to select the watermark or use clone stamp to replace watermark;
- Click Remove to start photo stamp removal process;
- Click on Save as to export the photo without watermark.
#2 Remove Watermark from Photo Online Free (3 Ways)
Maybe you just have 2 or 3 photos needs to be done with watermark removal and decide to process online without paying. Then, you can try online free image watermark remover services.
I have tried virtually all the online free image watermark remover tools, not counting those just keep directing you to unsecure websites and those don’t allow remove watermark at all, the quantity of online image photo watermark remover tools are less than 10. Here we pick best 3 of them to remove watermark from photo online free.
If you have edited a photo online before, you must have known Pixlr, the most popular online free photo editor to edit, rotate, resize, flip, crop, merge, flatten, adjust, add filters and customize your photos as professional as Adobe Photoshop. In addition, it allows users to export the edited photos as different image formats, including JPG, PNG, BMP, TIFF and PXD.
There are 2 ways to remove watermark from photo online free with Pixlr, using the Spot Heal Tool or Clone Stamp Tool.
Way #1 Steps to Remove Watermark from Photo Online Free with Pixlr
- Go to Pixlr Photo Editor Online;
- Click Open Image from Computer to import your photo to Pixlr;
- In the left panel, choose Clone stamp tool;
- Then click “Ctrl” to select the area you want to clone, so the area with watermark can be replaced with the cloned part. In my test, I choose to clone the bush near to the watermark, it will make the whole photo natural, the watermark-removed area will be in harmony with other parts;
- Click on the watermark, or hold the left mouse button to select the whole watermark area, then you will see the watermark is replaced by the cloned area;
- Once ready, go to File>Save, rename the file and choose an output format for your photo, click “OK”;
Way #2 Steps to Remover Watermark from Photo Online Free with Pixlr
- Go to Pixrl;
- Upload your photo to Pixlr;
- Go to left panel, choose Spot Heal Tool;
- Hold left mouse button, move the brush onto the watermark, wait for the watermark to be removed;
- Once ready, go to File>Save, choose an output format to save the photo onto your computer;
Disadvantages of Using Pixlr
- Require good Internet connection;
- It may take time when uploading, processing and downloading photos;
- Repeated steps are needed to get the photo done with good quality;
Inpaint is another online free tool to remove photo watermark. Actually, it is my favorite one, it is easy to use and does the watermark removal quite professional, it is not likely that others will notice the photo is processed with a watermark removal. However, its free service only allows users to download a relatively low-quality photo, for high definition output, you need to pay for it.
Anyway, if your source photo is in high definition, you can still have a try on this online free tool.
Steps to Remove Watermark from Photo Online Free with Inpaint
- Go to Inpaint;
- Click “Upload Image” to import your photo to Inpaint;
- Then hold and move the brush onto watermark;
- Click “Erase” to remove the watermark from your photo;
- Once ready, click “Download” on the top right to save the photo to your Mac or Windows PC.
The 3rd tool to remove watermark from photo online free is Apowersoft. It does help to remove the watermark, easy and effective, but the part of the watermark will be hazy, you will notice that there is an object or something removed from the photo.
However, if this is OK for you, you can have a try.
Steps to Remove Watermark from Photo Online Free with Apowersoft
- Go to Apowersoft Online Watermark Remover;
- Click “+” to import your photos;
- Drag the erase box onto the watermark;
- Then click “Erase”;
- Once ready, download the photo to your computer;
Of course, there are other online tools to remove photo watermark:
Like Lunapic, but you will find the trails that proved the photo has been watermark-removed:
Or like Photofunny, it only allows users to blur the watermark:
#3 Remove Watermark from Photo in Adobe Photoshop
In the case that you have Adobe Photoshop in hand, you can remove watermarks from your photo using PS. For simple watermarks, it is also easy to remove even using Adobe, but if the watermark is added with some advanced effects, you will need to spend some time to fix the background for original watermark.
Steps to Remove Watermark from Photo Using Adobe PS
- Launch Adobe PS, go to File>Open, import your photo to PS;
- Then choose Lasso Tool. Or right click the selection tool menu to choose Lasso Tool;
- Select the watermark in your photo. If the watermark is too small, zoom in to select all the watermark area;
- Then go to Edit>Fill, choose Content-Aware and click “OK” to start removing the watermark;
- Then you will find the watermark is removed. Zoom in to check the details in the watermark area, if the watermark is not removed completely, repeat the process, if the background is blurred, use the Clone Stamp Tool to fix;
- Go to File>Save.
Also, you can watch the YouTube video tutorial to remove watermark from photo easily using Adobe Photoshop.
#4 Free Photo Watermark Removal in GMIP
If you want to remove photo watermark offline, you can use GMIP, the free image editor to enhance photos, do retouching, save photos as other image formats, etc. Of course, it allows users to remove photo watermark using its clone tool.
Steps to Remove Watermark from Photo Free in GMIP
- Download and install GMIP;
- Go to File>Open, import your photo to watermark removal;
- Then choose Clone tool;
- Press Ctrl and select an area to clone to the watermark area;
- Once ready, go to File>Save. The photo watermark is removed in GMIP;
To tell you the truth, I am quite surprised that image tools today are doing so good in editing. There is still gap between Adobe and other image editors, but those non-Adobe tools are not that greatly outshadowed by Adobe any more, they are getting better and better, like Luminar 4, it is worth a try.