Find a tiktok or samsung or stock photo that can perfectly fit in your files, but there is a picture watermark added? You can remove the watermark from those photos for personal use. Here you will find 6 ways to remove watermark from photos, including online free solutions with or without blur, and several professional photo watermark remover applications on macOS or Windows.
But before removing the watermark from a photo, you should realize that it is illegal to remove the photo watermarks for commercial or for other criminal act.
Best Photo Editor Remove Watermark 2023: Extremely Simple to Use
Taking out watermark from your photos can be challenging, it is more than cropping the watermark, we often use Heal (Erase) or Clone to eliminate the watermarks for prefect looking, without changing the original image quality or messing it with watermark removal traces. Movavi Photo Editor makes this process super easy, it allows erasing watermark from photos with a click.
Movavi Photo Editor 2023 has an intuitive interface and the pop-out tutorials make any edit in the app simple. It offers basic tools like enhance with presets or manually , crop, rotate, resize, flip, etc., also provides pro-level tools like erase objects, restore old photo, retouch, add effect, add text or image , etc. It is also AI powered, smartly enhance your photos with one click.
Regarding watermark removal, Movavi Photo Editor is the only one that can match Adobe Photoshop in selection control. Thanks for its selection tools, you can select the watermark perfectly and have the best control point to point to remove the watermark, without leaving any trace of erasing. I tested on both simple and complicate watermarks, Movavi Photo Editor 2023 gave me good results.How to Remove Watermark from Photos Easily?
How to Remove Watermark from Photos on Mac or Windows Easily?
- Grab a free copy of Movavi Photo Editor, install and run the app.
- Drag and drop the watermarked photo to the app.
- Head to Tools>Erasing objects>Manual>Brush, adjust brush size and brush over the watermark. Or you can try other selection tools if the brush fails to give a good result.
- Click Erase, check the result.
- Head to Save, the watermark is taken out from your picture.
Best Free Software to Remove Watermark from Photo
If you want to remove photo watermark offline, you can use GIMP, the free image editor to enhance photos, do retouching, save photos as other image formats, etc. Of course, it allows users to remove photo watermark using its clone tool.
Steps to Remove Watermark from Photo Free in GIMP
- Download GIMP from its website, it is safe to use, install and open the application then.
- Go to File>Open, import your photo to watermark removal.
- Then choose Clone tool.
- Press Ctrl and select an area to clone to the watermark area.
- Once ready, go to File>Save. The photo watermark is removed in GIMP.
Remove Watermark from Image Online Free without Blur
Maybe you just have 2 or 3 photos needs to be done with watermark removal and decide to process online without paying. Then, you can try online free image watermark remover services.
I have tried virtually all the online free image watermark remover tools. You might have also fount that there are 2 types of online free image watermark remover, remove with blur or without blur. Here we pick best 2 of them to remove watermark from photo without blur.
If you have edited a photo online before, you must have known Pixlr, the most popular online free photo editor to edit, rotate, resize, flip, crop, merge, flatten, adjust, add filters and customize your photos as professional as Adobe Photoshop. In addition, it allows users to export the edited photos as different image formats, including JPG, PNG, BMP, TIFF and PXD.
There are 2 ways to remove watermark from photo online free with Pixlr, using the Spot Heal Tool or Clone Stamp Tool.
Method 1. Steps to Remove Watermark from Photo without Blur in Pixlr
- Head to pixlr.com in your web browser.
- Click Open Image from Computer to import your photo to Pixlr.
- In the left panel, choose Clone stamp tool.
- Then click Ctrl to select the area you want to clone, so the area with watermark can be replaced with the cloned part. In my test, I choose to clone the bush near to the watermark, it will make the whole photo natural, the watermark-removed area will be in harmony with other parts.
- Click on the watermark, or hold the left mouse button to select the whole watermark area, then you will see the watermark is replaced by the cloned area.
- Once ready, go to File>Save, rename the file and choose an output format for your photo, click OK.
Method 2. Steps to Remove Watermark from Photo without Blur in Pixlr
- Navigate to the website of Pixrl.
- Upload your photo to Pixlr.
- Go to left panel, choose Spot Heal Tool.
- Hold left mouse button, move the brush onto the watermark, wait for the watermark to be removed.
- Once ready, go to File>Save, choose an output format to save the photo onto your computer.
Disadvantages of Using Pixlr
- Require good Internet connection
- It may take time when uploading, processing and downloading photos
- Repeated steps are needed to get the photo done with good quality
Inpaint is another online free tool to remove photo watermark. Actually, it is my favorite one, it is easy to use and does the watermark removal quite professional, it is not likely that others will notice the photo is processed with a watermark removal. However, its free service only allows users to download a relatively low-quality photo, for high definition output, you need to pay for it.
Anyway, if your source photo is in high definition, you can still have a try on this online free tool.
Steps to Remove Watermark from Photo Online Free without Blur
- Navigate to the website of Inpaint.
- Click Upload Image to import your photo to Inpaint.
- Then hold and move the brush onto watermark.
- Click Erase to remove the watermark from your photo.
- Once ready, click Download on the top right to save the photo to your Mac or Windows PC.
How to Remove Watermark from Photo in Photoshop
Still not happy with the result, then you can remove watermarks from your photos using Adobe Photoshop. For simple watermarks, it is also easy to remove even using Adobe, but if the watermark is added with some advanced effects, you will need to spend some time to fix the background for original watermark.
Steps to Remove Watermark from Photo in Photoshop
- Install Adobe Photoshop, open the program.
- Drag and drop the image to Adobe PS.
- Click on Layers in the right panel, right click on current layer and select Duplicate Layer in case of any mess. Make the original layer invisible.
- Right click to select the Magic Wand Tool and click on the watermark to select the whole watermark subject.
- After the selection, go to Select>Modify>Expand.
- Adjust the Expand Selection, expand by 1 or 2 pixels(test yourself) to cover the outline of the watermark.
- Then head to Edit>Fill.
- Choose Content-Aware to fill in the watermark areas.
- Check the result, you may need to use the Clone tool to fix over-processed areas. Select Clone tool and fix the messy parts by copying from other good source.
- Then go to File>Save.
Best Watermark Remover App for Photos 2023
If a professional photo editor is unnecessary for you, a dedicated photo watermark remover app would be a better choice, like, SoftOrbits Photo Stamp Remover.
It is a Windows photo watermark tool to add watermark and remove watermark/date stamp/text or other unwanted objects from photo. It supports batch removing watermarks. You can use selection tools to remove simple watermarks or utilize its clone stamp feature to remove complicate watermarks with details.
Photo Stamp Remover Offers
- Remove watermark/date stamp/unwanted objects
- Batch remove watermark
- Basic and advanced tool to do watermark removal
- Add watermark text or image
- Crop photos
- Save photos as JPEG, PNG, SVG, BMP, GIF, TIFF, ICO, etc.
How to Remove Photo Watermark Easily on Windows?
- Download Photo Stamp Remover, install the program and run it.
- Add photos to the program by drag and drop.
- Go to Remove, choose a selection tools to select the watermark or use clone stamp to replace watermark.
- Click Remove to start photo stamp removal process.
- Click on Save as to export the photo without watermark.
I am quite surprised that image tools today are doing so good in editing. There is still gap between Adobe and other image editors, but those non-Adobe tools are not that greatly outshadowed by Adobe any more, they are getting better and better, like Movavi Photo Editor, it is worth a try.