Raw image refers to the image file that contains all original image data captured by the camera sensor, there is rare compression or changes onto the image. It is in high quality and therefore it always comes with large file size. Usually, different brands of camera use different raw image formats.
However, sometimes we have to convert a raw image, for example in CR2, CR3, ARW, NEF or other raw images to JPEG format for compatibility issues across different platforms or device. In this post, we will look at 8 ways to bulk convert our CR2/3, ARW, CRW, NEF, SRF and other raw images to JPEG on Mac, we can convert raw to jpeg on Mac without Preview, or without Photoshop.
Fastest Way: Batch Convert Raw to JPEG on Mac
To batch convert raw image to JPEG on mac, or require high on conversion quality, a desktop converter would be the best choice, since all paid choices persuade users into a purchase by offering better performance. Speaking of top raw to JPEG converter for mac, here are 2 options as well, one is lightweight with simple yet effective conversion, while the other one provides extended features.
No. 1 Professional Mac Raw to JPEG Converter with Extended Feature
Sometimes, you have extra needs to modify the images. No worries, BatchPhoto Pro Raw to JPEG Converter for Mac gives you an excellent experience on converting and customizing your raw images. Beside batch converting raw images to JPEG, BatchPhoto also helps users to adjust demosaicing, white balance, highlights, to add watermark, to resize, to crop, and so on.
BatchPhoto for Mac Standout Features
- Read all kinds of raw images for different devices: arw, cr2, crw, dcr, dng, drf, erf, nef, nrw, orf, raf, rwl, sr2, srf…
- Convert 170+ images, including common and raw image, like PNG to EPS, SVG to JPG, etc.
- Export image as PDF
- Allow editing images: rename, resize, crop, add effect, rotate, change DPI, replace color, add watermark, date stamp, comment, add frames or border, etc.
- Upload and share image to FTP or social accounts
- Batch conversion support
- Preserve original image quality
Follow the steps to batch convert Raw (CR2, ARW, NEF) to JPEG on Mac without Photoshop
- Grab a copy of BatchPhoto Pro on your mac, install and open it.
- Click Add Photos to import raw images in CR2, ARW, NEF or other formats for conversion.
- Optional. Go to Edit Photos and customize your raw images before conversion on mac.
- Click Setup, choose output as JPEG.
- Click on Settings to choose JPEG quality or color.
- Head to Process and batch export raw images to JEPG on mac.
No. 2 The Simplest Raw to JPEG Converter for Mac
Pixillion Image Converter from NCH Software is a compact and easy-to-use program to convert images, it allows to import more than 50+ image formats, which covers virtually all raw image formats for different devices. You can export the images into 20 output formats in batch. And it offers some basic photo editing features.
Pixillion Image Converter Standout Features
- Support nearly most raw images: arw, cr2, cr3, drf, nef, nrw, raf, srf, srw, etc.
- Read and write 50+ image formats, including raw, common and others
- Convert to 20 image formats, including JPG
- Batch convert images
- Allow output preferences
- Resize, flip, rotate, add watermark text/image
Follow the steps to batch convert Raw (CR2, CR3, ARW, NEF, etc.) to JPEG on Mac without Photoshop
- Grab a copy of Pixillion Image Converter ,install and open the application.
- Click Add Files or Add Folder to upload raw images in CR3, NEF or other formats for conversion, also you can directly drag and drop raw images to the program.
- Click on Effects to edit the raw image if you like to.
- Pick JPEG as output format.
- Use the Compression settings to choose a JPEG quality and click Save.
- Click Convert to turn all raw images to JPEG on your Mac.
How to Convert Multiple Raw Image to JPEG on Mac in Photoshop without Losing Quality
For user who have installed Adobe Photoshop, the greatest photo editor so far, you can convert single or multiple raw to high quality jpeg format, like NEF, NRW, DNG, ARW, SRF, CR2, CR3 to JPEG.
Convert Multiple Raw to JPEG on Mac in Photoshop
- Run Adobe Photoshop on your Mac.
- Open a raw image in Photoshop by drag and drop to the interface. Click Open to import.
- Head to Window>Actions.
- Create new set and name the folder, e.g., Raw to JPEG.
- Then create a new action.
- Name the action and click Record to start recording the action you want to automate.
- Switch to the view of your raw image, go to File>Save as, choose JPEG as output and adjust the JPEG settings as the way you convert single raw image in Photoshop.
- Click the Stop button to stop the recording.
- Now, head to File>Automate>Batch.
- Choose the Raw to JPEG set and action, then select source folder where you save the raw images or file and specify the destination folder.
- Then Photoshop will open all raw images and save them all to JPEG on Mac in batch.
Convert Single Raw to JPEG on Mac in Photoshop
- Run Adobe Photoshop on your Mac.
- Open raw image in Photoshop by drag and drop to the interface. Click Open to import.
- Head to File>Save As.
- Choose output as JPEG.
- Then set up the JPEG options and click OK to export raw to jpeg in PS.
How to Convert Multiple Raw Image to JPEG on Mac in Lightroom without Losing Quality
Lightroom, the best photo-workflow software and AI powered to edit photos easily, allows convert single or multiple raw images to JPEG on Mac too. Here is the tutorial.
- Install Lightroom on your Mac, if you don’t have it.
- Click File> Add Photos to import a raw image. To convert multiple raw images one time, press Shift and select all added photos by clicking on the thumbnails.
- Then head to File>Export. Select JPG as output format and use the options if you need.
- Click Export photo to convert raw to jpg on Mac in Lightroom.
3 Best Free Bulk Raw to JPEG Converters for Mac
Mac Preview is a free utility comes with MacOS to view and manage PDF or images. However, many mac users just overlook the power of Mac Preview. Actually, it can open and export lots of raw image formats.
Follow the steps to bulk convert raw to JPEG on Mac in Preview
- Right click on your raw images, for e.g, a CR2 file, open with Preview.
- Right click all the raw images, choose Export As.
- Then hit Options, choose JPEG as the output in the menu, and click Choose to bulk convert raw image to JPEG on mac.
However, Preview cannot batch convert raw images in different formats at the same time, if you want to convert multiple raw images to JPEG on mac at one time, select raw images in the same format for conversion.
Apple Photo app can open and export raw image to JPEG format on Mac too.
Follow the steps to convert multiple raw to JPEG on Mac without Preview
- Right click on raw images and open with Photos app.
- Import All New Photos to Photos app.
- Select all raw images and head to File>Export>Export xxx Photos.
- Select JPEG format and click Export.
- Select output folder to save the JPEG images on your Mac.
XnConvert is a multi-platform freeware to bulk convert images and edit images with 80 actions. It supports 500 image formats and can export image to 70+ formats.
Follow the steps to convert raw to JPEG on Mac free and without Preview
- Get a free copy of XnConvert.
- Drag and drop all raw images to the Input window.
- Then go to Output window, choose JPG output format. Click Convert.
Bulk Raw to JPEG Mac Online Free
As you may have searched online to find a browser-based Raw to JPEG converter for free conversion, but the choices are quite few. As we have known that, raw images don’t refer to image files in a specific format, it contains a lot of different raw image formats, including CR2 or CR3 for Canon, DRF for Kodak, ERF for Epson, SR2 for Sony, etc. In this case, if you want to find an online raw to JPEG converter, you’d better figure out which raw image format you are working on first.
After studies and tested a dozen of online image converters, we finally pick CloudConvert as the best raw to JPEG converter, also as the best CR3 to JPEG converter, because just few tools support CR3 input. It supports a lot of raw formats, including 3FR, ARW, CR2, CR3, DNG, MRW, NEF, RAF, RAW, etc., also allows users to change image size and adjust JPEG quality.
Follow the steps to convert raw to JPEG on Mac Online
- Head to cloudconvert.com/raw-to-jpg in your web browser.
- Click Select File to upload raw images, or drag and drop the raw images onto the webpage.
- (Optional) Tweak the setting to customize your JPEG output.
- Click Convert to upload and process the raw images.
- Download the JPEG images once the conversion finishes.
Online raw to JPEG converters are free, but often sacrifice the image quality during the conversion. And here is another thing for sure, you have to convert your raw images online with great patience, because raw images are often in large size, while uploading and processing large files online is always slow and may get frozen for different reasons.
Paid VS Free & Online
If converting images is a big part of your workload, you should install a paid bulk image converter, it is fast and give the best quality. If not, freeware and online free raw image to JPEG converters are good.