A Few Words about Rotating A PDF
PDF documents are everywhere, we cannot live without it.
Even you haven’t installed a professional PDF tool with editing features, it is much likely that you have a PDF reader, such as Adobe Acrobat DC Reader and Google Chrome browser.
But can we rotate a PDF in Adobe Acrobat DC Reader and Chrome? The answer is Not.
Adobe Acrobat DC Reader cannot rotate a PDF file at all, you have to subscribe its Acrobat version to activate the Organize PDF feature and rotate a PDF.
Google Chrome can rotate but cannot save it that way. It allows rotating PDF only, but not saving the changes and permanently rotating your PDF documents.
Yes, it is a pity, but following 3 methods to rotate a PDF and save it that way will make your PDF rotating, even some advanced PDF tasks as straightforward as we do in a Word document.
The Easiest Way to Rotate A PDF and Save It without Adobe (Mac & Windows)
The easiest way to rotate a whole PDF or a selection of PDF pages is using Movavi PDFChef.
PDFChef is the most lightweight PDF editor, though not carrying all the features as Adobe Acrobat, it handles a lot of basic and common PDF tasks: create PDF, edit PDF, convert PDF, manage PDF pages, etc.
What PDFChef Offers:
- Edit PDF text: add, delete, replace/modify text
- Edit PDF image: add, delete, resize, rotate, copy image
- Create PDF from Word, Excel, PowerPoint, DjVu, image…
- Convert PDF to Word, Text, Epub…
- Merge PDF
- Manage PDF pages: add, delete, reorder, copy, rotate, extract pages…
- Sign, search, append, print PDFs…
Steps to Rotate A PDF and Save It without Adobe Acrobat on Mac or Windows
- Grab a free copy of PDFChef, install and open the app.
- Import the PDF file to PDFChef by drag and drop.
- Select the pages or the whole PDF document for batch rotating, hover to Pages, Rotate Left, Right or 180 degree according to your need.
- Head to File>Save. Now you can check the rotated PDF.
Permanently Rotate A PDF on Mac Free
Preview is the default image and PDF viewer for Mac users, it has powerful markup features and some basic editing tools. It is the best option to permanently rotate PDF file on Mac for free.
Steps to permanently rotate PDF on Mac free
- Open PDF file with Preview.
- Select the PDF pages you want to rotate and click on the Rotate button.
- Then head to File>Save, your PDF file is rotated.
Rotate A PDF and Save The Orientation Online Free
There are 2 types of online free PDF rotators: rotate all pages only, rotate a selection of pages. Smallpdf is the one supports 2 modes, rotate all or rotate selected pages and save the orientation.
Smallpdf is a cloud-based PDF toolkit, you can use its basic tools for free but need to pay for the Pro version to use its advanced features, like edit a PDF. Rotating PDF in smallpdf is free, you can rotate all pages, or only rotate specific pages.
Steps to rotate a PDF and save the orientation online free.
- Navigate to smallpdf.com/rotate-pdf.
- Drag and drop the PDF file to smallpdf.
- Rotate a selected page or rotate all page, click Apply Changes.
- Click on the blue Download button to rotate the PDF and save it.
To rotate PDF for free, you can use Preview or online free PDF tools, but never upload a confidential file online, you cannot tell what’s going to happen out there, maybe information leaking, maybe something worse. If you need to edit a PDF sometimes, don’t hesitate to get yourself a professional PDF editor.