Some of or all the PDF pages come with different pages size, this scenario might bring on feelings of freaking out and helplessness.
Why these PDF pages are with nonuniform dimensions? Because your PDFs are created from images in different DPI, or the PDF file is merged from documents of different page size in the first place. PDF with different pages size is not comfortable to our eyes and the content might not be fully printed out if you have set up the printing area.
Fortunately, we can take action, and will fix PDF page size not just by cropping the page to change its page size. If you find your PDFs coming with different width or height size, and want to correct or set to the same width, PDF masters like Acrobat have prepared the best solution for you, also we have free methods built for Mac and Windows machine.
- Correct PDF Page Width and Height in Adobe Acrobat
- Free Ways to Correct PDF Page Width/Height Size on Mac and Windows
Correct PDF Page Width and Height in Adobe Acrobat
Maybe you’ve tried Adobe Acrobat, maybe you have not, but it is still the truth that Acrobat has been the best PDF tool for so long, that’s why most PDF app roundups give the top spot of their list.
Acrobat really shines in the way it helps users to full control over the PDF document, it edits PDF text, image, text box, form field, link, multimedia, changes the look and appearance of your PDF, export files as standard popular format, add or delete pages, merge or break a file, fill and sign on different types of business document, it protects your PDFs and lets a team to work efficiently on the same file. It has all the tools and settings at your fingertip to make your own PDF.
It corrects and changes PDF page size without cropping, but with genuinely scaling the pages size. There are several options, you can scale pages content only to specified value, scale pages to A4, to A4 if not larger A3, to double size, and to specified size. You get a full control over the page size settings, make all pages with different width or height, also to be the same width and selected height.
We’ve outlined the steps to correct PDF page width and height in Acrobat here
- Get a 7-day free trial of Adobe Acrobat, install and fire up the app on your Windows or Mac machine.
- Drag and drop PDF onto Acrobat interface, go to Tools>Print Production.
- Go to Preflight>Prepress, Color and Transparency>Profiles, click on the 3rd button and go to Pages.
- Then expand the Pages menu, choose a Scale option, for example, scale pages to specified size and click on Edit button to enter the page size.
- In the Scale pages: option, enter width and height value and make sure to apply to all pages if you want to make all PDF pages the same width. Click OK to continue.
- Then click on Fix button to start correcting the page width size in PDF, and save the resized PDF to your machine.
Free Ways to Correct PDF Page Width Size on Mac and Windows
If you don’t want to sign up for Acrobat subscription, don’t just force yourself to do, there are free ways to correct PDF page width size on all major platforms, whether it’s Windows, macOS, Android or iOS. We are talking about built-in and web-based tools.
1. Preview for Mac users
Preview is the closet option Mac users have for correcting PDF pages size, it is righty built into macOS system to read and markup PDF files. When correcting PDF page size with Preview, you can change the size to A4, A5, A6, B5, and to custom sizes. You can also change the width or height size of a specific PDF page, or make all PDF pages in the same width in Preview.
Correct PDF Page Width Size Free on Mac
- Open PDF with Preview.
- Go to Tools>Print.
- Choose Manage Custom Sizes from the Paper Size list. You can change the page size for a specific page, for a page range or all pages in the Pages option.
- Enter the dimension you want to have for your PDF pages. Click OK.
- Then choose to Save as PDF to change the page sizes.
2. Sejda for Windows, macOS Online
You can get help from web-based tools too. Sejda will be the best option to correct PDF page size in your web browser. It can change PDF page width or height size to A2, A3, A4, A5 or to custom dimensions, also can make all pages or selected pages to be the same width.
However, with the free web version, you can correct size of maximum 200 PDF pages or 50MB, also only 3 free tasks per hour.
Change PDF Page Width Size Online Free on Windows or Mac
- Navigate to Sejda.com/resize-pdf in your web browser.
- Upload your PDF file by drag and drop to this website.
- Choose Change Page Size and click Continue.
- Select the PDF pages that you want to change size, then select a page size or custom page size.
- Hit Resize PDF button, then hit the Download button to save the PDF file.
Luckily, we have popular web browser tools offering the feature to correct or change PDF page width and height, they are free, thought there are limits. And if the limits stand in the way of your work, you can employ 3rd party app like Acrobat to take control, it will be the best program to handle your PDFs perfectly.